Game Design and Development
Even though technnically I'm a programmer by trade, I have a particular passion for game design since, well, I see it screwed up so often. Anyone can be a designer, but very few people can be excellent designers. I'd argue that a great game designer is worth significantly more than a great programmer, and is probably 10x harder to find.
So here you'll find articles about game design and game development in general.
- "Design of Everyday Things" Applied to Game Design
- What the Hell is Game Design?
- The Design of Online Economies Part 1: The Role of Currency
- The Design of Online Economies Part 2: NPC Merchants
- The Design of Online Economies Part 3: Items
- Introduction to Fixed Point Math
- Implementing Mouse Picking
- Quake3 Networking Model
- Introduction to Multiplayer Game Programming
- An Overview of Isometric Engine Development